Monday, July 04, 2011

Us


"We are not to wait for others to lead. You and I are meant to take back the founders' mandate, and you and I are meant to lead. You and I must protest, you and I must confront our representatives, you and I must run for office, you and I must write the op-eds, you and I must take over the battle. The founders--the unknown as well as the well-known Americans who 'conceived' the nation in liberty--did not intend for us to delegate worrying about the Constitution to a cadre of constitutional scholars, or to leave debate to a class of professional pundits, or to leave the job of fighting for liberty to a caste of politicians. The meant for us to defend the Constitution, for us to debate the issues of the day, and for us to rise up against tyranny; the American who delivers the mail; the American who teaches our children; ordinary people".
--Naomi Wolf, "Give Me Liberty: A Handbook For American Revolutionaries"
Pages 10 - 11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home