Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mike Wallace, R.I.P., May 9, 1918 - April 7, 2012

"He’s in a facility in Connecticut. Physically, he’s okay. Mentally, he’s not, He still recognizes me and knows who I am, but he’s uneven. The interesting thing is, he never mentions ’60 Minutes.’ It’s as if it didn’t exist. It’s as if that part of his memory is completely gone. The only thing he really talks about is family - me, my kids, my grandkids, his great-grandchildren. There’s a lesson there. This is a man who had a fabulous career and for whom work always came first. Now he can’t even remember it."
--Chris Wallace on his father Mike Wallace, a few months before Mike's passing

Source: NY Times
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/08/mike-wallace-60-minutes-pioneer-dies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home