Sunday, August 26, 2012

Why II

WHY!!

Wait! Don't go! I don't belong here!
Don't close that door! Don't walk away!
I know about these places, I'm not a stray!
How did I get here?
What did I do?
Wait til my beloved friend gets a hold of you!
My beloved friend?.I know he will look for me til the
very end!

What is this place? It's so cold and loud!
Where's my own bed?..it was like sleeping on a cloud!
There are so many others here, I looked in their eyes
They look so sad, their barks sound like cries!

My beloved owner will come, he will help them too!
Isn't that what beloved friends do?

Why am I still here?

What did I do?

So many human faces, smiling; and, passing thru here
But never the beloved friend I hold so dear!
It seems so long since I've been away
I miss my own bed, I'm not a stray!
So I will sit here and wait for my beloved friend
Sit here and wait til the very end!

Written by Melissa T.,NJ ACO, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home