Sunday, May 11, 2014

Rescuer

A LETTER TO MY RESCUER
(written by Julile Chadwick )

My body is old my body is weak
I've spent my life in a backyard alone
The kids are playing in the house
Why can't I come inside

My body is frail my spirit is pale
I've spent my time wandering around alone
Why don't they love me
They did when I was a puppy

My love is strong but what did I do wrong
I would still defend you but you still pretend
You love me and I wonder is this really love

Then the day comes and I'm so happy
We are going for a ride in the car now
Finally you love me - Maybe not so much.
Where are we?

I can smell other dogs I can smell fear
I am scared I am afraid You walk away
Where are you going
I hear what you tell someone
"he got too old, I don't want him anymore"

I am in a cage with other dogs barking
We are all scared we can smell death
We know what lies ahead
When will it be our turn next?

Then a miracle happens
Someone walks past my cage
She stops to give me kisses and love
I think they call her a rescuer
We are all in awe of this person

She says "I'll take this baby out now"
Wow , yay, yipppee I'm getting out
She puts me in her car and takes lots of
What they call "freedom pics"
I'm so happy now - getting love, getting hugs
For the very first time someone loves me

Ahh but I see my rescuer crying now
I ask What's wrong with my eyes
She says to me "I'm so sorry someone failed you"
You see I am very sick and dying
And soon will be going to a place called
The Rainbow Bridge!

Cry not brave rescuer
For you gave me love
You gave me life for the first time
You gave me dignity and a soft bed of my own
You let me come inside and sleep on your bed
I got to eat soft food, and lie my head on your lap!
I even got to watch something called "Animal Planet"

All the love you gave to me
I will take with me where ever I go
All the hugs and belly rubs I will never forget
Just make me one promise dear rescuer
Never give up!
Please continue to save my brothers and Sisters
In a scary place they call the animal shelter
Don't ever doubt yourself that you didn't make a difference
You saved me from the worst fate - dying alone in the shelter
I will forever love you and watch over you like an angel!

Love from the little old dog  you rescued!!


Source: The Pepper Foundation
https://www.facebook.com/ThePepperFoundation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home