Sunday, September 23, 2018

Fourth II

"If I were the president, I could stop terrorist attacks against the United States in a few days. Permanently. I would first apologize--very publicly and very sincerely--to all the widows and the orphans, the impoverished and the tortured, and all the many millions of other victims of American imperialism. I would then announce that America's global interventions--including the awful bombings--have come to an end. And I would inform Israel that it is no longer the 51st state of the union but--oddly enough--a foreign country. I would then reduce the military budget by at least 90% and use the savings to pay reparations to the victims and repair the damage from the many American bombings and invasions. There would be more than enough money. Do you know what one year of the US military budget is equal to? One year. It's equal to more than $20,000 per hour for every hour since Jesus Christ  was born. That's what I'd do on my first three days in the White House. On the fourth day, I'd be assassinated."
--Wllliam Blum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home