Monday, December 24, 2018

Prophetic II

Huey: (narrating) I am not a prophet, but sometimes I have prophetic dreams, like the one where I was at a garden party.
   
Huey: Excuse me. Everyone, I have a brief announcement to make. Jesus was black, Ronald Reagan was the Devil, and the government is lying about 9/11. Thank you for your time and good night.
  
(The people suddenly erupt into a riot. Huey wakes up, and is immediately smacked by Granddad.)
   
Granddad: Mmm-hmm! You were havin' that dream where you made the white people riot, weren't you?
   
Huey: But I was telling the truth!
  
Granddad: How many times have I told you, you better not even dream about tellin' white folk the truth! You understand me? (walks away) Shoot! Makin' White people riot! You better learn how to lie like me! I'm gonna find me a white man and lie to him right now!

--"Boondocks", episode "The Garden Party" by Aaron McGruder

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home