Friday, April 13, 2007

Kurt Vonnegut, R.I.P.

November 11, 1922 - April 11, 2007. Go gently, Kurt, into that new dawn.


I really wonder what gives us the right to wreck this poor planet of ours.


Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand


One of the few good things about modern times: If you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us.
--"Cold Turkey", In These Times, May 10, 2004


1492. As children we were taught to memorize this year with pride and joy as the year people began living full and imaginative lives on the continent of North America. Actually, people had been living full and imaginative lives on the continent of North America for hundreds of years before that. 1492 was simply the year sea pirates began to rob, cheat, and kill them.
--Breakfast of Champions


During my three years in Vietnam, I certainly heard plenty of last words by dying American footsoldiers. Not one of them, however, had illusions that he had somehow accomplished something worthwhile in the process of making the Supreme Sacrifice.
--"Hocus Pocus"


I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home