Monday, June 04, 2007

Bye Bye Wayne Madsen (For Now)

A favorite site of mine had been that of investigative reporter Wayne Madsen.

But alas, the news today, oh boy:

Individual Reader monthly USD 7.00/month
Business Monthly monthly USD 10.00/month
Business Annual annually USD 100.00/year

Poorly formatted, and somewhat hidden:

"Beltway Insider" Rate annually USD 30.00/year -- annual rate for anyone who wants to be a "Beltway Insider"


Too rich for my blood. Hell, the NYT "Times Select" is only $49.95 per year. Yeah, alot of bias, but also alot of information once you know what to read and what to ignore.

I sympathise. Some days I reflect that I could do my Blog full time, and have much more material--long articles, not just quick memos, if there were just 8,000 people contributing a buck a month.

Best of luck, Wayne, and when things improve, $30/year isn't all that bad, at least for those with more disposable income.

TLC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home