Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Message From Rep. Cynthia McKinney

One of the very few people left in Congress with any integrity.

TLC
_________________________

Dear Friend:

Since my last missive to you, we've done a 1970s "Get Down" fun(d)raiser and a DC event. Many of you have been responsive to our request for assistance, and I thank those of you who have made a donation to my campaign; for those of you who have not yet done so, I ask for your additional consideration of my request. Here's why:

I have no desire to be in Congress for the sake of being here. My only goal is to do something, to achieve something, to make a difference and serve as a voice--if even in the wilderness--for those of us who feel left out, left behind, and underrepresented by the powers that be in Washington, DC. I can only make that difference and be that voice if I have a strong financial base, independent from those very Washington, DC powers that be.

Your contribution will go toward my election day operation. You know what it's like with the electronic voting machines. But I have to take precious resources and train poll watchers what to look out for on these machines. Like getting a zero count at the beginning of the day. We have already had to send a letter of protest to the Georgia Secretary of State whose regulations will prevent our poll watchers from securing this vital piece of information at the beginning of the voting day.

Last election I had 1,000 people on the streets of the 4th Congressional District of Georgia. They need transportation, food, material to pass out, t-shirts, and lots of water, water, water because it's hot and humid in Georgia! Those of you who came to Georgia two years ago know that!

I don't need a lot of money, but I do need enough to accomplish our goals. And I don't regularly ask. But I'm asking now because I need your assistance now. The good thing is that if each of us does a little, then no one of us has to do a lot. I'm asking you to do a little now to help us fund our election day activities.

I've been true to the values and the ideals that sent me to Congress and you can count on me to stay that way. There are a few of us who will never compromise on the values that are important to you. Our country is at stake and your help is needed now, more than ever.

You can snail mail a contribution to:

Cynthia McKinney for Congress
PO Box 371125
Decatur, GA 30037

or you can just click here to make a donation: http://www.cynthiaforcongress.com/donate.php

Please write your check or make your mouse click today!

Cynthia McKinney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home